January Wrap-Up

Hey everyone,

Sorry for the lack of posts in January. My family was hit with a loss of my grandfather on the 12th followed by some other big news, which I'll announce soon.

Overall, January was an okay month. It had its super lows, and its super highs. I was hoping for more progress on my geeky goals, but here we go.

Gaming:

I didn't get a lot of time to put into gaming, but so far. I have all of the Lorestones and have completed all the areas up to the Plains of Erathell. I've devoted about 30-ish hours to the game and I would like to finish it this month. I would also like to finish Jotun, an amazingly beautiful indie game that I started over the holidays. I also want to complete one, just one, Hearthstone Dungeon Run. Pray to the Hearthstone Gods for me for good card draws.

Watching:

I'm rewatching the X-Files and I started at Season 1. As I am writing this, I am watching Season 5 Episode 17, so I'm about halfway through the seasons!

Podcasts:

I recently downloaded an app called CastBox, which is a free podcast app, and I am slightly obsessed. I'm currently subscribed to The Angry Chicken podcast, which is all about Hearthstone, and "Reading Glasses" which is a book podcast that is hilarious. TAC features Hearthstone news, updates, discussions, and strategies for playing different decks..

Reading Glasses features real-world reading tips, book recommendations, discussion of books the two co-hostesses are reading, and interviews. Including one with Wil Wheaton. These two shows have become my new obsession for the morning and evening periods of trying to unwind from stress.

Music:

I'm in the mood for a little bit of everything lately, if you've got music recommendations send them my way.

Reading:

I didn't finish all six of the books that I wanted to in January, but I did finish three of them! I finished The Wonderful Wizard of Oz, The Magnificent Land of Oz (Books 1 and 2 in the Oz series by L. Frank Baum), and How the Irish Saved Civilization by Tom Cahill. I really enjoyed each of these books, and I'll be doing a review on my YouTube channel. I also am keeping my GoodReads up to date. So if you are interested, you can look me up under Mariah Macomb.

Well that's it for me for the month of January. I hope you guys had a great month. What were you playing, watching, listening to, and reading last month?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

January Reading Challenge - Jam Jar January with Books and Munches

Fandom Friday: 5 Nerdy Places I want to Travel To.