Doctor Strange Review

Hey everyone, 

I know that I said this week was going to be the Seven Deadly Sins review, but I just saw Doctor Strange and I figured it was a little bit more relevant. So...it's super rare that the fiance and I will go to a movie opening weekend. We really do not like crowds and by really don't like crowds, I mean we go out of our way to actively avoid crowds like they are carriers of the plague. However, we went to see Doctor Strange on Friday and it was awesome. 

First, Benedict Cumberbatch, as Doctor Steven Strange, does a great job of playing the character and the goatee looks good. Dr. Strange is a unique and complex character, who is almost unlikeable at the beginning of the movie. I'm not going to lie to you, but his character does develop and still manages to keep his sense of humor. Steven has good intentions, even if he isn't the best person and he has the right motivation most of the time. 

As a female, it makes me happy to see women in such prominent positions. Christine, the love interest, is a doctor and strong in her own right. She tries to save Steven from himself, but she is not above leaving him when he's an ass. The Ancient One was a unique and powerful character, who is incredibly complex. She is probably one of my favorite characters out of the entire movie and it was nice to see a female in a mentor role in the Marvel universe. 

PAY ATTENTION TO THE RANDOM REFERENCES! There are a couple and they're amazing if you catch them. 

I'm not going to lie. There were a few parts where the dialog was a little flat and the endin was...complex. I have mixed feelings, but the two after-credit scenes made up for it. 

I REPEAT THERE ARE TWO AFTER-CREDIT SCENES. One half-way through the credits and one at the end of all the credits. 

So......overall....I give Doctor Strange. 4.5 stars out of 5. There are definitely things that could have been done better, but overall it was awesome and I recommend it. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

January Reading Challenge - Jam Jar January with Books and Munches

Fandom Friday: 5 Nerdy Places I want to Travel To.