I'm Thankful for...

Hey everyone,

Thanksgiving is now over and I suppose this means that I should take down my fall decorations, pack them away and head into the attic to get my scarce holiday decorations. DIYs shall abound and my house will be a winter wonderland...without the snow...because Georgia.

Since it is still technically Thanksgiving week, I wanted to write down my top five things I'm thankful for. Warning...feels may abound and it's a long one, but that's what Thanksgiving is for right?

1. My family.

I have a complex relationship with my family, but I love them all the same. Before I joined the military, we never spent a holiday apart and now I've missed the last five Thanksgivings with them, and this year will be my second Holiday season completely away from them. Despite this, my family always makes sure I know I'm loved and missed. They try to keep up with me, even when my hectic schedule doesn't give me time to call home and check in. It has probably been hardest on my sisters. I'm the eldest of four girls. Let's call them Bear, SeaMe, and Little Monster (not because she is a monster, that's just what I've called her since her birth). Bear and SeaMe are close to me in age, two years and three years younger respectively. I always tried to be a good sister to them and support them. My leaving to join was rough on them. We were right in the middle of a move across country again (life of a military family) to a state none of us had any ties to. It was supposed to be a new start, but its been rough. I've been stationed on the other side of the country for almost three years now. Little Monster was born six days before my 19th birthday, while my dad was on his seventh deployment. I was like a parent to her and we are very close. She's given my family a whole new outlook. The girls always keep me on my toes and I have no idea what I would do without them.

2. My fiance

For anyone who has followed me since the inception of this blog knows I adore my fiance. He is beyond patient and kind to me, even with all the damage left by my ex-husband. When I flinch when he raises his voice or those days where I just need to be by myself, he kisses me and says "Alright, sweetheart. Let me know when you've calmed down. I'll be in the office." He was my first love and now I get to spend the rest of my life with him. I'm thankful that he understands and knows me so well that when I freak out over cute pokemon (*cough* which is frequently) or Totoro or have a planner crisis  and decide I need to redo everything (which happens more than I want to admit), he finds it endearing and will let me freak out for a bit. Plus he always believes in me and truly believes that I do whatever I set my mind to. I would legit lose my mind without him and as a bonus, he is a great pet dad.

3. My friends

This year has shown me what an amazing boon friends can be. My friend Rel was the one who introduced me to my now fiance almost four years ago and has been our biggest advocate. She has been my cheerleader, burrito buddy, and enabler. Even when I fall off the fitness wagon repeatedly, like over and over and over again, she helps pick me up, dust me off, and point me on the right path. It's proably because of her that I don't weigh a ton, even if I am a smidge overweight. Rel has been and continues to be one of my biggest blessings. My Crafty Sisters are one of the biggest blessings of this year. When everything was spiraling out of control at work, these two were there to keep me grounded and remind me that sometimes all you need is wine and a "craft day." These three ladies have reminded me every day that I deserve happiness and well-being. They've helped me explore my self and learn to put my foot down, and I love them so much for it. Plus I never have to go craft shopping alone. :)

4. YouTube.

I know. I know this seems like a weird thing to add in here afterall I just went on a rant about my family and fiance. But hear me out, YouTube is a never-ending font of inspiration and how-tos. For someone like me, this inspiration reminds me that YouTubers are humans too. From Rosanna Pansino the amazing mind behind Nerdy Nummies to Molly Roberts the creative dynamo, kickass witch, and fem warrior behind HerSpeak and all the amazing planner ladies and BuJoers and DIYers and musicians, YouTube can be a great way to learn things and explore what you could be capable of. Plus HOURS AND HOURS AND HOURS of entertainment. Hours.

5. All of you!

If you are reading this, I am thankful for you. When I started this blog, I was finally getting everything back to where I wanted to be. You have stuck around and commented and read the posts, even when I disappeared for a while. Thank you. I mean it from the bottom of my heart. I love doing this and I promise there will be a YouTube channel soon...ish.

Lots of love and blessings,

Mariah

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

January Reading Challenge - Jam Jar January with Books and Munches

Fandom Friday: 5 Nerdy Places I want to Travel To.