New Year Stuff

Hey everyone,

I would say I'm beyond glad the holidays are over, but the holidays being over starts the birthday season for me. Between our families and friends, my fiance and I have four birthdays this month alone. My wallet is already screaming at me. Given the fact that it is the new year, I wanted to talk about what my goals are this year.

I chose the word Centered for my word of the year and built all of my goals off of that. It took some serious thought and journaling to really decide how I wanted to go about this. I got a Hobonichi Techo A6 English planner for Christmas/Yule (Thank you, future father-in-law. <3) and it was the perfect thing to get me started. Every month I'll check in with you guys to show my progress...hopefully on the YouTube channel...when I can figure out how to make things work.

For January, here's what my goals are.

Health: 

I HATE working out. HATE IT. I work at a desk all day and even though I'm in the military and have a mandatory physical fitness test (think PE on steroids), it is rare to find me in the gym. I'm more of a Yoga, Pilates, Tai Chi type person. It's even better if I can do it at home. The problem with this mindset is not ever working out, because "I could be doing something else..." Does anyone else do that? To conquer this, I told myself that I am finally committing to an at-home work out regime.



Image result

Enter Cassey Ho's Blogilates. I've attempted her monthly calendars, but am super out of shape so they killed me every single time. I just quit after a while. Another excuse was born. So instead of giving myself an excuse, I printed out the printable for her Blogilates for Beginners program. It's super simply set up and isn't dated. And all the videos are organized by day, so there is no reason not to do everything.




I'm on Day 2. My abs are killing me and I'm tired, but smooth seas never made a skilled sailor, right?

I'm also starting to keep track of my FitBit stats. 10,000 steps a day, at least 25 minutes of working out 6x a week. We'll see.

Personal

My personal goals are to meditate and read more more. So I chose a reading challenge for 2017. To be more specific, I chose to follow both paths of Modern Mrs. Darcy's 2017 Reading Challenge. That's 24 books in 12 months. Two books a month.

The prompts I'm tackling for January are: Three books by the same author (The Eragon series because I like setting impossible goals for myself) and a book that has a reputation for being un-put-down-able. I'm still figuring that one out. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Nerdy Notes and YouTube

My goal for January is to post every Friday on the blog and to get the YouTube channel up and running. I want to bring you guys more variety (so let me know in the comments what you want to see). The YouTube channel will be up as soon as I can figure out what in the world I'm doing. Suggestions would be hugely ginormously appreciated.


I have other goals, but their really personal to me and involve things like spiritual growth and family and stuff. You guys are the best and have made 2016 awesome. <3

Lots of love and I hope you guys have a great year. WE CAN DO THIS!!

Mariah








Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

January Reading Challenge - Jam Jar January with Books and Munches

Fandom Friday: 5 Nerdy Places I want to Travel To.