New Year, New Bullet Journal!

Hey guys and gals,

So I've been bullet journaling off and on for a couple of years now, but really decided to recommit this year to just using a bullet journal instead of a bullet journal and a regular planner. A very dear friend of mine got me a beautiful datebook for Yule, which I'll be using mostly as an external future log instead of having one in my journal. I am going to be using the Scribbles that Matter Pro notebook. I got it off Amazon for $15 and I love the feel of the paper. Mine is white, with black and gray bookmarks, black pen loop, and black elastic band.




At the beginning of the Scribbles that Matter notebook is the title page with a handy dandy spread to show what date the journal was started. I'm starting mine on the 31st of December as shown below.





After the title page is a Key page, already split into two handy columns and the three index pages. In most bullet journals, people create their own, but Scribbles that Matter (and the Leuchtturm 1917 Official Bullet Journal) come with indexes already created. Very handy. The Key has a bullet code and a colour code sections, which I've filled out.





The next two pages are my intentions and my focus for 2018. I found and lettered (not well, but I did it) a quote from Thomas Jefferson and devoted a whole page to journaling what I want 2018 to represent. Hopefully, this will be a great year for self-growth, development, and accomplishing goals.



The next two spreads are kind of personal, but still. The first spread is a 6 Months in Pixels. This spread was inspired by the Year in Pixels spread, but I have no idea how long this journal is going to last. I wanted to keep track of days when my anxiety and depression were active. There are days when it seems like your whole life just sucks and it seems like you've been depressed and anxious forever. I'm hoping this either a) nails down when/why I'm feeling sad or b) shows that my depression and anxiety aren't as bad as I think they are.




The page next to that is my Debt Payoff Goals. I know it's a little unrealistic to expect to pay off all of my debt (I have a lot) in 2018. However, I'm going to pay off as much as I possibly can. I owe myself that much. Each square represents a different amount and I color in each square as I go along.

The spread after that is my cleaning schedule. I am awful at maintaining a consistent schedule, so this will help me nail that down and figure stuff out. I have a once-weekly deep clean chore, and daily tasks that I'm responsible for doing. I live by myself so if my house is a wreck. It's my fault...or the cat...but mainly me.



Next to that is my cover page for January. I found an awesome quote for January that I wrote out and I put one of these awesome stickers in the corner. They're from Amazon and are called Chris.W US 2018 Calendars Stickers for Bullet Journal/Planners/Agenda, Easy to Peel and Stick Monthly Index Dividers, Self Adhesive Tabs, 16-Month from September 2017 to December 2018, 4 Sets(64 Tabs). They're awesome because they become tabs.

Next page is my January monthly spread. I'm not thrilled with how this page came out, but nobody is perfect. The top half is just a brief overview and a key for icons for the month ahead. The bottom portion is me keeping track of my youtube and blog ideas, followers/subscribers, and total number of view. Next to that page is a memory log/gratitude log for all of the stuff I'm grateful for and want to remember about January.



Page 9 is my budget for January, with the budget on top split into two. I get paid biweekly, so this makes the most sense for me. Then I just list the bills that are due with their amounts. This page is quite done yet, but its getting there. On the bottom half, I have a weekly budget review with a total spent, total budget, and total in checking. I also put a little quote on the bottom. Page 10 is my monthly task list. AKA my "Mariah get these done by the end of the month or so help me" list.



I have one more spread in the journal right now, but you guys are going to have to turn into YouTube to see an exploration. It's the first four levels of my CYOS Reading Challenge, with rewards, and tallies. It'll be awesome.

Thanks for stopping by and I'll talk to you guys on Friday!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

January Reading Challenge - Jam Jar January with Books and Munches

Fandom Friday: 5 Nerdy Places I want to Travel To.